November 7. is Kladdkaka or the Swedish chocolate cake day.
When it’s cold outside, it’s even better to eat a freshly baked warm chocolate cake with a warm cocoa or coffee. Here is the recipe for the most delicious chocolate cake. Save the post if you bake it later.
Swedish sticky chocolate cake, 8 pieces
200 g butter
270g caster sugar
60g cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
90g all purpose flour
1. Set the oven to 175 degrees Celsius or 350 Fahrenheit. Fasten a baking sheet paper to the bottom of a cake tin about 20 cm or 8 inches in diameter, grease the edges with butter, and "flour" with cocoa.
2. Melt the butter in a large saucepan.
3. Stir in sugar, cocoa and salt, then stir in one egg at a time.
4. Finish by stirring in the flour and mixing to a smooth batter.
5. Fill the tin and bake in the middle of the oven for about 18-20 minutes. The cake should not bake all the way through.
6. Let cool completely in the fridge, that way you get the perfect stickiness.
7. Dust the cake with icing sugar and serve with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.